So last week I was up at camp Mia Shalom with Edgemont 4th ward. The girls, the food and the crafts were a blast! I must admit thought, I am not one who thrives in the camping environment. The good news is, I only got 3 mosquito bits. The bad news is they were all on my face. Other good news, I left 1 day early in order to go home and sign about 1000 pages of paper work for our new home, the bad news is, I missed the MISS SHALOM pageant and testimony meeting. In any case camp was very fun. I absolutely love the 4th ward. I am going to miss my little beehives and all the other girls and leaders so much now that we are moving. But, have no fear, facebook will keep us near!
Here is a beautiful view of the lake from out camp area. The girls played big booty non-stop...big booty, big booty big booty!
Washing dishes in the spickett. Thank you Gina Pitts for some of the best camp food I have ever had!
NINJA!
So this is a funny story. We woke the girls up at 5 am, blind folded them and they had them wander through the forest holding on to a "rod" of PCP pipes. The activity and lesson on holding to the iron rod was a spiritual success, although the night before while us leaders were treking through the forest carrying rebar, pipes and pick axes (we forgot the hammer) was something else. Luckily none of us lost limbs or each other!
Here's the gang.
1 comment:
Ha ha that's funny because when I moved to UT from WA, I thought Mia Shalom was 5 star camping because at girls' camp in WA, we didn't even have flush toilets. :-)
Post a Comment