
On Thursday I finished the last day of my first year of teaching. As I look back on the year I have learned a lot about how to control, motivate and even teach 12-14 year olds. As a tribute to my students, who were enthusiastic, worked hard and sometimes made me crazy, I have devised a list of 10 reasons I am excited to go back and spend the majority of my waking time with a bunch of dramatic teenagers next year!
1. My students make me laugh
Student: "Can we have a party today"
2. My students can turn a gloomy day bright with their excitement and desire to learn
Student: "Wait, Joseph Smith and Pocohontas didn't really fall in love?"
3. My students ALWAYS keep me company
Teacher: "You have ten more minutes of lunch. Let me enjoy mine with peace and quiet!"
4. My students are helpful
Teacher: "Pick up fifteen pieces of trash, hair, lint and anything else you find other than carpet on the ground."
5. My students say nice things and even bring me gifts
Student: "Mrs. Ellis, I like your shoes."
6. My students turn in their homework (most of the time)
Teacher: "If you have not turned in your homework, it is late, meaning you already have an F on this assignment."
7. My students care about their grades and want to succeed
Student: "Is there any extra credit?" "Whats my grade?" "There's a TEST today?"
8. My students tell each other to behave and be quiet
Student: "Guys, shut up! Mrs. Ellis is trying to teach!"
9. My students are clever and witty
Student: "But you said...."
10.My students are there for me and let me be there for them when they need it
Student: "Was that other teacher yelling at you? I swear I'll go and beat her up"
Thanks for a great first year!
No comments:
Post a Comment