Thursday, December 25, 2008

All's Forgiven

I am married to a pretty remarkable man. Although last year come Christmas day and I didn't get anything from him, I did have a brief moment of questioning. I understood that he was stressed with school and didn't know what to get me but as a precausion I drastically lowered my expectation on what to expect from my dear Tyler come festive occassions.

This year I was blown out of the water.

December 19th, 6 days before Christmas:



This was my last day of teaching before the break and was wonderful because it was a half day and I had plans to go snowboarding before the resorts closed. I frantically pulled into the garage (thank you Jensen's for the indoor parking especially in this snowy weather) and as I ran downstairs to get changed, I passed Tyler bringing up my Giraff snowboard of 10 years that I had bought "used" at 14. This trusty snowboard still works altough the bindings are rusted to the board. We got up to Sundance Resort and as I was pulling on my coat and gloves Ty tells me he has my board for me. I turn around and it is a brand new beautiful snowboard and bindings! Of course, being that Tyler bought it, it was one of the best and newest of the season. For those who know snowboards it is a K2 Luna 10th Anniversary Snowboard with sorosky crystals (love the bling). It was awesome for the two hours I have gotten to use it so far.

So, I thought that was it for Christmas, I mean a snowboard? That is a pretty awesome Xmas gift. But this morning, Christmas Day, Tyler tells me there is more. I have been wanting a gold watch for a long time. I am not a big jewelry person, primarily because I am convinced the weight of necklaces and bracelets irritate my "cancer spots" (you don't want to know; I am perfectly physically healthy, but maybe a little sick upstairs), but do enjoy wearing "flashy" gold earrings as of late and they clash with my silver watch (which I also love, Thank you Meg and Ron for the Xmas gift 4 years ago!). I have had trouble finding a gold watch that didn't look old ladyish but recently Tyler and I found one we both liked. I thought it was way to expensive and he didn't say anything until this morning, when I got a letter with the picture of the watch inside. (The reason for the pic and not the actual watch is because I am an incredibly curious or "nosey" as some like to say, person and Tyler had hidden the watch so well he forgot to grab it before we left for Indiana). Although I love the watch and can't wait to try it on when we get home.



In conclusion, this year Tyler totally rocked my socks off in the Christmas present department.


Although, I must admit that I love that sucker the same, gifts or no gifts. He is the greatest blessing in my life.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Miss KG said...

you have a pretty awesome husband. i'm excited to see your new snowboard - with bling!!! let's get you a grill to go with it :)