Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Conversation with God

Heavenly Father--I've been through a lot lately. Challenges I never expected have come my way. I have been tried. I have been hurt. But I also have been strengthened and delivered. Tonight I want to say thank you. I never want to forget the intimate and loving role you played in getting me through this time in me life.

Thank you for the night you comforted me admists hysterics.
Thank you for the morning car ride conversations that gave me the strength to dry my eyes for the school day.
Thank you for the confirmation that you knew I was doing the best I could.
Thank you for letting me know that I am not a failure.
Thank you for the for giving me the assurity that I have done the right thing.
Thank you for the courage to walk away.
Thank you for an understanding and loving family.
Thank you for giving me the strength to face and overcome the demons of fear and self despair.
Thank you for hope in a better future.
Thank you for the promise of eternal families.
Thank you for patience in healing.
Thank you for a greater understanding of my divine relationship to thee.
Thank you for love in all its forms and possibilities.

I feel like the words I write will never put justice to the love and debt I feel toward thee. Please help me to always remember these blessings. Provide me with opportunities to increase my faith. Bless me with opportunities to comfort others. I now know how it feels to truly ache from deep within the recesses of your heart. Bless those that ache. Give them the faith and endurance I have been shown. Let them know that the moment will pass. Give them courage to hold on to their trust and faith in thee. Help them to know that it is worth it.

I have learned over the past few months that I am lot tougher than I ever thought I could be. Bless me to remember that I am tough. Bless me to maintain confidence in my ability to overcome life's challenges.

Heavenly Father - I am happy. I know the power the truth has to repair broken hearts. I am filled with a love for life and a hope for the future.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Sorry life sucks right now....hopefully time will continue to heal and moving back to your home will help things out. This is my other blog link that I told you I'd forward over and never did!

Tropicanna said...

This is just one reason I love you.