Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Exuberance for Life

Despite the challenges and pain I have felt over the past 6 months, today I can honestly say that I am a happier person. I am having thoughts and feelings that I have not had for years. Once again I believe that I can do anything. I can look at myself straight in the mirror without fear or disappointment. I am finally able to reach for my potential. I am no longer cutting myself short or justifying why I have settled into a life that just isn't me. Today I don't have anything bringing me down. My fear has disippated. I am passionate and full of life again. I am not ashamed of singing my favorite song at the top of my lungs or fiercly defending my personal views. I am done tip toeing. I am done putting on a smile and believing everything is okay when it is not. I am done loosing myself to keep the people around me happy. I am filling my life with meaning again. I am being completely genuine. I will never loose myself again to the judgements of another. I will never seek so hard to impress someone who can't be pleased. I will never go back. I will search for the gems in life. The experiences that make you whole. The friendships that come naturally, never fad and always leave you wanting more. I will search for the people whose passion and love of life is like mine. The ones that build you up, and leave you feeling confident and content. The potential I have to do good is endless. I will change lives. I will be remembered. I will show the world my exuberance for life once again.

1 comment:

We Are Three said...

Good for you Shannon!