Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Man

I felt like I needed to post this blog, so that all would know, and so myself and my posterity can remember, that there is good in all of us.

It is easy when you have been hurt, or when someone you love has been hurt, to falsely accuse or to jump to conclusions. You feel betrayed and confused by what is going on and you want an explanation. I have felt this way. I have ask questions and gone through scenarios hundreds of times in my mind, searching for the crime that fits my punishment. I am beginning to realize that it does not have to be that way. There did not have to be some major crime to bring about the way I am feeling. There does not have to be a criminal.

All there is is a man. A man who is trying to do his best. Someone who has cared deeply for his family and loved ones his whole life. Who has carefully chosen his path, in hopes that those loved ones would be proud of him. This man has made some mistakes. We all have weaknesses and some times we humble ourselves to make those weaknesses strengths and sometimes we hold on to those weaknesses allowing ourselves to become in reality even weaker.

This man loves people. He does not judge, but can truly and openly accept and offer friendship to anyone he meets.

This man is very smart and often conflicted because what he understands in his mind may not always be congruent with what he feels in his heart. We all battle with what our mind understands and with what our heart guides us to do. It is a hard battle.

This man holds the power of influence. If you were ever in the midst of a conflict, it would be great blessing to have him on your side. I think light and darkness have been fighting for the support of this man for a long time. They each understand his worth, his strength and his ability to led others. How unfair that we all get caught in the middle of this battle!

This man is strong, but a little scared and a little alone. That battle he is fighting is leaving scars. It is leaving a path of destruction. The battle is not over. The story has not been written yet.

I still have faith that all is not lost. My marriage may be a casualty, but it is a loss that through the power of the atonement, I can bare loosing.

The man will not loose. He is of infinite worth to his Heavenly Father. He is of infinite worth to his family and loved ones. Maybe he can recognize this worth through our eyes, if we will clear our vision of hurt and an expectation to fail and fill it with the truth.

I am not sure if this great man knows how loved he is or how much everyone desires for him to find peace and happiness.

I would hope that if I were fighting a hard battle, all would see me for who I am rather than for how I am behaving. That is why we are commanded to love our enemies, to do good to those that spitefully use us, and to pray for those who mistreat us. There is much more to a person than what meets the eye.

We are defined by more than what we see this day, this month or even this year. The Man is a Good Man and I don't want to hear that he is not, even if I am seeking the comfort that might provide. In times of challenge we all must have faith, we must prayerfully ask to see the truth and worth in each other, and often times we must look beyond what is happening or how we feel today and hold onto hope for the future.

2 comments:

Ali and Brian Babcock said...

Shannon - I happened upon your blog and just wanted to say that I love you. You'll always be family and I'm sorry for the hurt but inspired by your strength.

Love, Ali Swenson/Babcock

Breanne King said...

shannon your writing is beautiful