I'd like to remember advice a great friend has given me more than once. Sometimes I worry about what people think of me or will think of me because of x, y, and z. Whenever these concerns creep up into our conversations, which as of late have been heavily concentrated on my adjusting to a new life, this friend offers these words of advice:
Those who care won't matter
Those who matter won't care
The great thing about this friend is he doesn't just say these words, but he lives by them. I am grateful for good, wise friends that help keep me on track.
:)
2 comments:
Is hiking the Y with John kind of like a metaphor for being with friends that lift you up to higher ground? GET IT!!? IT'S FUNNY!
Gotta love Fraiser! What a great guy. So glad you're friends with him!
Post a Comment