Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Good Day

Today was a good day. There was nothing special about it, other than following an atrocious day, making the simplest things feel good. Today I was perfectly content walking around Macey's looking for my Bran Cereal because it just felt normal.

Purchases also usually boost my morale. Yesterday, my 3 year anniversary with the husband that doesn't want to be with me, I bought myself two pairs of shoes (both on sale). I knew I liked the shoes, but was too depressed to really be as joyful as one should be at such great find! Although I made up for it today :)

Because I am going through the process of splitting up the possessions I have used and acquired over the last three years, I have found myself without a digital camera. This is a huge problem for me because, hello-history? I love to document things. I am not a great photographer and don't really care to become one, but I guess I think my life is pretty important and therefore I want to document just about everything. So tonight I went to Costco and bought a little camera.

I am so excited! I feel like this camera is another symbol of a new beginning. This camera is going to document MY life. It will not store pictures of what used to be or what hopes I had. It is a fresh start, an EMPTY SIM card. I can fill this camera with anything I want. My future feels so open and exciting as I think about what pictures will fill this camera. Today I am done with anxiety, pain and sorrow. Today my future is bright and inviting. This camera makes me feel like I have control again. These past few months haven't felt like they were mine. I felt like my life was being stolen away by influences I couldn't control, but my future will be mine and this camera will prove it.


This is me today. I may look sad in this picture, but I am not. My nose is a little red and my eyes a little swollen, but I am actually proud of that. It hurts (litereally), but it also enforces that what I felt was real. If I don't mourn over the lose I am going through, how could I have any self respect? This is me right now. I am sometimes sad, sometimes happy, often contemplative, but always strong.



This is my RFL, roommate for life, Addie. (Don't worry, we have already vowed never to get cats). She is a pretty remarkable friend.




These are her current living accomodations. :)



And finally, this is me enjoying my new shoes and camera.

8 comments:

We Are Three said...

You're a beautiful girl Shannon, inside & out.

noelle regina said...

shanny cakes - keep up the blogging. i love how honest you are...

noelle regina said...

and also...
there is NOTHING wrong with cats.

Jen Proffit said...

I'll help you get a dog. Dogs are way better. LOVE the shoes. You are so cute Shanny!

Bryan and Rebekah said...

Sorry to here about this. You've always been a great example to me and I have admired you in so many things. You are a beautiful child of God and I pray for the best. Have fun with Addie! Tell her Hi!
Love, Rebekah (Koplin) Ahlborn

give me your email and i'll invite you to my blog...
rebekahandbryan.blogspot.com

Shannon J. said...

Becca! It is good to hear from you. I would love to KIT through your blog. My email address is shannon949@gmail.com.

Aubrey said...

I love the new shoes and so happy for you shann!!! You're honest words are very powerful and I love you!!

Allison said...

Yay! I'm happy for you too. Love the camera, love the shoes, love the blog posts. YOu are amazing. I think a girl's night (with alex there too) is in order. Maybe he can make us some bread again! :)