Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Blue

I recently scanned through a book called The Color Code: A New Way to See Yourself, Your Relationships and Life. The book has you take a personality test and based on your choices assigns you as either a red, blue, white or yellow and then discusses the strengths and weaknesses of each personality. After taking the test I am most strongly a blue. I thought I would jot down a few of the strengths and limitations of blues because I think it is interesting and surprisingly accurate. The most telling thing was to read about the reds strengths and weaknesses. What I wish I would have known before marriage....


Excerpt taken from book:

"Blues deem it their personal responsibility to serve as the moral watchdogs of society"

Strengths:
  • See life as a serious endeavor
  • Appreciate beauty and detail
  • Stable and dependable
  • Sincere and emotionally deep
  • Analytical oriented
  • High Achiever
  • Deep sense of purpose
  • Able to enjoy deep and sensitive conversation
  • Strong skills at empathizing with others
  • Highly disciplined
  • Stong goal orientation
  • Plans well and follows through
  • Excellent behind-the-scenes worker
  • Enjoys details and schedules
  • Receptive to creative thinking in others
  • Loyal forever once a friendship is established
  • Genuine concern for friend's well-bring
  • Encouraging in times of trouble
  • Willing to commit time to a relationship 
Weaknesses:
  • Highly emotional
  • Smug and self-righteous
  • Strong perfection and performance orientation
  • Verbally self-abusive
  • Tends to lecture or over discuss issues
  • Rigid with principles and unwilling to negotiate
  • Argues primarily from an emotional perspective
  • Strong expectation for others to be sensitive and deep
  • Expects others to read her mind and know her feelings
  • Easily frustrated by lack of team cooperation
  • Expects other to understand her goals and make them priority.
  • Feels others are not capable of doing things as well as she can
  • Craves security
  • Shies away from public exposure and performance
  • Establishes high and unrealistic goals for self and others
  • Insecure about other's acceptance or approval
  • Feels rejected easily
  • Critical of friends priniciples are activities if not similar
  • Expects friends to maintain strong loyalty
  • Wishes friends would communicate more
Much of this is pretty true about me! 

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I need to to check out this book! I hear it's great and I'm curious too!

Jen Proffit said...

Josh is a yellow for sure. I am a blue/red. I can totally see you as a blue. What a great book. I just finished reading the Horse Boy and it was awesome. I will have to tell you about it sometime. Love you tons and can't wait to see you in a week!

SoCalSingleMama said...

I am almost 100% red and Ryan is almost 100% blue. So at least now, you will now be able to genuinely empathize a lot with Ryan in regards to all the different ways I drive him nuts. :-)

SoCalSingleMama said...

Your post got Ryan and I talking about personalities and we went back and re-did our meyers-briggs personality types (we did it when we were engaged but not since then). Have you done that one - it's my favorite, you can take it here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Ryan is an INTJ and I'm and ENTJ