This Christmas season my focus is going to be all about love. Christ is love and because of the love of our Heavenly Father we have this great season.
Today I woke up happy. Last night I bought myself a Christmas tree, pulled out all my Christmas decorations and ornaments and spent the evening getting ready for the season. Going to sleep with a lighted tree and waking up to one sure made me smile. As I got ready for work this morning I decided to wear a very beautiful scarf that was a gift from a stranger. Last Christmas, on our way home from Indiana I sat next to a lady. She and her husband live in Salt Lake and she was visiting her family in India for the Christmas season. We talked for the 2.5 hour flight and had an enjoyable conversation that has since slipped my mind. As we prepared to land, we started to say our goodbyes so I could head back to my seat and she asked me to wait because she had a gift for me. She pulled out this beautiful scarf that I am wearing today. It is gold, blue, orange and red with paisley and other ornate designs. It is thick and warm. I was shocked at this woman's generosity. She had only met me two hours before and really was doing me a favor by providing me with interesting and meaningful conversation.
This scarf is a reminder of the love of people and even strangers. Although there are many people out there that I do not know, I know that I have the capacity to love them and they me. I will cherish this scarf and the unexpected act of love and kindness that came with it and will work to smile and serve the strangers around me this season.
I have not spoken to this Indian woman sense, but she will be remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment