Monday, December 14, 2009

Day of Love #13

When Tyler and I moved into a ward which seemed to consists of over 50% children under the age of ten, we were pretty sure we would end up rendering our service in the primary. We were soon called to teach the the six year old class. This class is a handful and often times overwhelming, but when you are not feeling overwhelmed by the noise, comments, rocking chairs, tears, hitting and teasing, each one of these children are delightful. They are so sweet because they are always anxious to tell me all about their days and toys and any other random news. They notice when we miss a week of church and ask for us. Often times in sacrament meeting they will catch my eye a shyly wave at "their teacher". I have had to teach this kids without the help of Tyler the last few weeks and have come home utterly exhausted, although I must say as the year comes to an end I am going to miss this group of kids. I love their purity and desire to do good. When we talked about tithing, they couldn't understand why you would give the Lord only 10%. They want to give everything. They know who their Heavenly Father is, they know how to pray and how to make things right when they have done something wrong. They are excited to serve and love their families and one another. At times in the past I felt primary was a little like brain washing kids from a young age. Although, now that I am involved I do not feel that there is much brain washing taking place. You are teaching these children how to be good people and reminding them of lessons and principles that they innately know. I am so grateful that the odds of me EVER having 11 six years olds at one time are high, but I do love my little primary class and hope they grow up to believe and remember all the lessons we have learned together this year.

No comments: