Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Month of Love Day #2

There are two things that I would like to profess love to this day:

The first is the policeman that pulled me over yesterday. I was driving along the freeway chatting with my sis on the phone when all the sudden there were flashing lights behind me. I quickly hung up and pulled over. I was pretty nervous because while I was talking on the phone I was exactly paying attention to my driving, so I could have been speeding or something. The policeman asked for my license and registration. Um....registration? I frantically was looking through my glove box when it occurred to me, that I never paid for my registration. I explained to the policeman of my ignorance (this being the first car I have completely owned) and he very kindly gave me a reminder to go and pay my taxes! He also let me know that my left tail light is out. I think because I was expecting the worse, as I drove off I was filled with love for this policeman. He wasn't out to get me! He was truly just trying to keep our country safe and organized. Plus, he was very polite!


My second love goes out to my dear BYU students. They don't know it, but I love them. This semester I have an exceptionally great group of students. They are involved, thoughtful, honest, grateful and truly want to do good things for our world. After teaching or meeting with them I feel uplifted and happy. I will really miss this class next semester!

No comments: