Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day of Love #10

Today I want to express my love for my Heavenly Father's love for me.

Sometimes life gets tough and even though there are good and loving people all around, it is just not enough. I am so grateful that I know I can ask for love, comfort and direction from the only person who can give me exactly what I need.

Sometimes, in the midst of self pity, that love seems far away or impossible to reach, and I have wondered, If you love me so much than why are you allowing me to suffer? I know He has the power to intervene, and make the person or situation that is hurting me so much change, but then He would cease to be God and incapable of carrying out His fair and flawless plan. Heavenly Father has never taken my challenges away, but He has always given me the strength to face them and the comfort I need to get through them.

This season is about Jesus' birth. The ultimate act of love. If I had a child that I cherished, I would do anything to keep them away from this sometimes hateful and sin-filled world. I would selfishly want to keep the agony I know I would face, at seeing that loved on suffer. Yet God loved us all enough to selflessly send his Son to suffer every pain known to mankind so that when we went through our own earthly experience, we would have some where to turn and an assurance that our mistakes and pain could be fixed. I am filled with amazement and gratitude that I have the knowledge of this perfect being. I know He is not far away and even though I am so far from worthy of His love, He will freely give it if I righteously seek it.

Anyone who reads this, take a second and stand amazed that there is someone who loves you with a perfect love. Seek Him in times of need and He will help you through the challenges life brings.

*There is no picture suitable for this kind of love :)

1 comment:

Jen Proffit said...

wow, it's hard to express how powerful your testimony has touched me while reading this. Thank you for the reality check.