Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day of Love #5

On Monday night I went to Harmon's to buy some groceries and conveniently a Christmas tree as well. A little smiley man from Haiti loaded the tree on my car and carefully secured it to my racks. He was quiet and nimble and very kind. I don't know why I appreciated the interaction so much, but I felt so grateful to this man, because I really wanted a Christmas tree but didn't have anyone to help me get one. He was just so willing and happy to help. I felt empowered and realized that even if I am alone in this world, there will always be kind people willing to offer help when I need it (I physically could not have lifted that tree onto my car). Thank you smiley man for your love and kindness. I have been enjoying my Christmas tree all week!

1 comment:

Miss KG said...

i enjoyed your tree on friday night! soo beautiful!