Monday, December 28, 2009

Day of Love #18

I am way behind on my days of love, but I will make it to 25 eventually. I have been working on writing about my sis and her family, but I have not finished yet. I could not put off writing this blog because the thought and feelings I am having are strongest now.

So basically I have fallen back in love with California. It is amazing because for the past 3-4 years I have been denying my love for my homestate, probably as a protection mechanism because I thought I would never return permanantly to CA, but now that I am planning on returning, I am OVERWHELMED with excitement and happiness.

The main reason I love California is because it is home. It is where my family is, my oldest and closest friends and their families live here and I just get the people and culture of the OC ;). I am also incredibly loved here. My confidence sky rockets as I am around so many positive, happy and encouraging people.

I am not a surfer, but I do have a great love for the ocean. I think I love how small the ocean makes me feel. I also love how you can go out into the ocean (on a sail boat preferably) and look back on the coast you can feel that all is well with humanity. Regardless of what is going on on the shore, from a few miles out to sea everything looks peaceful. Some of my greatest conversations and memories have taken place around the coast. I think I associate the ocean with building relationships with loved ones and times of true happiness and peace.

I also love California because there is always something going on. People are always out and about. There is so much movements and life in California that you truly should never be bored.

California also has EXCELLENT shopping. You can find any store you want within a 30 mile radius and most likely that store will have exactly what you are (or are not) looking for in your size! It almost makes shopping in CA over other states worth the ridiculous 10% sales tax that comes along with each purchase.

I feel really good about moving back to California this summer. It just feels so right. I have no idea where I will work or how I will make enough money to live and pay all my taxes but things will work out. I can't wait to have my old life back!

4 comments:

SoCalSingleMama said...

This is how I feel about Utah...maybe we should switch places next summer. :-) It's hard to live away from home when your heart's not in it.

We Are Three said...

The good warm California sun makes everything better.

Unknown said...

i love the stores but california has too much drama

Jen Proffit said...

Can't wait to have you home shanny. Don't worry about the job thing. Everything will fall into place for you. love you sis.