Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day of Love #19


Jen, Josh, Max and Audrey Proffit are next on my day of love list.

My sister, Jennifer Lynn, has always been there for me. We shared a room until I was 13 and she was 17, during which years she completely fulfilled her sisterly duties from telling me at age 9 that I needed to shave my legs because mine were gross to singing me primary songs when I was too scared to sleep. She has continued to protect me, give me hugs and tell me when I am outline of line. I know that she loves me and cares about me with a love that I think only exists between sisters. Jen is not only a great sister, but she is a great blessing in many peoples lives. She is a good and caring friend and easily makes new friends with just about anyone. She is a great mother, even when her two kids and two jobs are driving her crazy. She is also a good and supportive wife and a talented pianist and organizer. Come to think of it, after listing all these true and great qualities in my family members, I just realized how much I have to live up to! I am grateful for my big sis' great example she continues to set for me.

I also really love Jen's husband, Josh Proffit. I was 17 when Jen and Josh tied the knot, and I have to say, I was not very fond of Josh at first. He was sarcastic, loud and I was jealous that my sister liked him more than me! (I was a brat and she was in love - no grudges!). But Josh turned out to be a pretty good guy. The thing I love most about Josh is his testimony of the Church. He is completely solid in his beliefs and is not ashamed or afraid to let anyone know. He is humble and quick to apologize or change to fix a situation. This has made him an invaluable husband to my sister and their two children. I also have really appreciated how he has stepped in to protect and love me as a big brother should. I know that when he says he is there for me, it is not because that is what a marriage has obligated him to say, but he really means it. I love that he makes my sister happy!

Maxton Kirk Proffit was the first grandchild in our family and has made all of us smile and laugh for almost 5 years now. He is now talking and learning a ton and he is hilarious! Max has a very sweet disposition. Although he can get wound up and completely wild, generally he really just wants to do what is right. He is very loving and knows how to compliment a girl! Just the other day I ran into my room to brush my hair and he walked by and said, "You look great, Shannon." He often randomly tells you that he loves you and that you are beautiful. Having him around is a total ego boost. :)

Audrey Emma Proffit, now 18 months, is a spit fire. Who knew a little person could contain so much personality and passion? Audrey is a very social little girl and loves men (watch out!). She waddles around waving and saying, "hi" to everyone, grinning and batting her eyes along the way. Audrey also is one who knows how to get her way and will act like it is the end of the world if she doesn't get it. Luckily Jen has a strong personality too and can keep Audrey at bay, most of the time ;)

I love Jen, Josh, Max and Audrey! They bring the fun out of all of us but are also solid in their beliefs, loyal to their loved ones and committed to their family.

1 comment:

Jen Proffit said...

Thanks for the sweet words little sis. I got a smile on my face from ear to ear. Can't wait til you come home to California where you belong. I want to hang out all the time with you, or at least get a few night of free babysitting!